The following sections will give you a short overview about the LingoTeach project. For further details follow the links within the text and the menu.
What is the LingoTeach project?
The LingoTeach project is a set of programs, libraries and data, which aims to help people learning foreign languages. People can learn from various lessons and thus enhance their vocabulary of the language(s) they want to learn.It is also possible to listen to the different words and sentences, which are spoken by native speakers.
The LingoTeach project itself consists of various
parts. On the one hand there is the end-user application,
lingoteach-ui and lesson and sound packages
which can be used with it, on the other there is the backend
liblingoteach, which interacts with the lessons
and the application and which can be used by third party
All components of the LingoTeach project are free software, licensed through the GNU GPL or another open source license, thus everyone can use it.
LingoTeach offers various features to its users, such as:
- Multiple lesson support. Different lessons can be used to learn from at the same time.
- Multilanguage support. More than one language at the same time can be learned.
- Editing features, which help users to create new or modify existing lessons.
- Learn and training modes, which enable users to use the best learning method for themselves.
- Audio and visual support. Users can listen to native speakers, while learning and/or look at images explaining the translation.
- Plugin support. The application can be enhanced using plugins.
You can get more information, bug tracking status, CVS access, etc. by browsing the project page, which is luckily hosted at Sourceforge. Just go to http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lingoteach